I'm not a therapist but I come from experience with overcoming depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, and a few other mental issues. I'll share with you what has helped me throughout the years. With my lifestyle changes I've been able to get off all my meds and I feel great.
Renewing your mind is just as important as making those lifestyle changes for your body. To create that lasting change and I know you want to, you have to change the way you think. Think about the areas in your life you struggle most in.
* Do you have a hard time seeing the way out when you're being tempted by food cravings? Check out 1 Corinthians 10:13
* Do you fight worry and anxiety? Check out Matthew 6:25-34, Proverbs 3:5-6, Philippians 4:6-7, Matthew 11:28-30, John 14:27, 1 Peter 5:6-8, Psalm 56:3.
* Do you fight depression? Check out Philippians 4:8, Deuteronomy 31:8, Psalm 34:17, Psalm 3:3, Psalm 32:10, 1 Peter 5:6-7, John 16:33, Isaiah 41:10.
* Do you struggle with self worth? Check out Matthew 11:28-30, Psalm 73:26, Joshua 1:5, Song of Songs 4:7, Proverbs 3:15:-18.
* Verses for those that are grieving. Check out Matthew 5:4, 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, Isaiah 41:10, Psalm 18:2, 1 Peter 5:6-7.
* If you desire to improve your physical well being and your emotional outlook, increasing your faith can help. In every one of us there is the need to relate to something or someone greater than ourselves. A power is desired that can impart vision, meaning, and purpose to life and provide comfort in times of need. Prayer is not the exclusive domain of any religious practice. No two people are alike nor they think alike and their experience of God may not be the same. Everyone's prayer life will be different, reflecting the diversity of individual character, belief, emotional state, and daily life. Take prayer seriously and give it a priority in your day. If you do not place prayer as a priority then it will get put to the back burner and be crowded out by your day. In order to have time with God In Prayer, you must make time. I'll be putting together a page on prayer in the near future.
There is some outstanding preaching by Joel Osteen on Youtube. I watch at least an hour of preaching every night. He has helped me immensely. Here are just a couple of my favorite:
Reprogramming Your Mind
Be Positive or Be Quiet
* I also highly recommend watching Joyce Meyer on Youtube. She is amazing and has gone through many struggles in her life.
* Is There Such a Thing as Healing Prayer? The answer is yes. Here is an article by Jillian Levy, CHHC that is very informative. I got a lot out of it. https://draxe.com/healing-prayer/
There are other scriptures for loss of a pet, when you are exhausted and the list goes on and on. The Bible has so many answers for us. If you need help with any particular topic email me firstname.lastname@example.org
I'll pray for you as well and have my friends (if you so choose) to pray. I've prayed to get through my issues and had others pray for me...it works.